Monday, December 16, 2019

Hrafn Gin


https://www.hrafngin.com/

Raven Spirits Ltd

Hrafn Gin , Raven Spirits Ltd

https://www.hrafngin.com/
I often get requests to use my artwork for illustrations, CD covers, Tattoos, book covers etc.... In 2018 I entered into a unique business relationship. I received an email from a product designer Fortytwo Studio from Scotland. They were developing a product design and advertising campaign with a handmade Scottish micro distillery. They had started a new Company called Raven Spirits Ltd and wanted my artwork for the label. 
I sent several examples of my artwork and they were interested in variations of my existing images.  I have done a lot of design work myself and I know that a client needs many examples and choices. Fortytwo used several of my images in different configuration to give the Gin distillery a fine selections of designs. After some back and forth, Fortytwo asked for a new drawing based on one of my etchings. The drawing would eventually be used in the product.

Hrafn, Portrait, Etching, 5.5" x 6" 2020

my relief print Three legged Raven would be used on website and in promotional materials
Odin's Ravens used on Hrafn Gin Blog


As with all products, there is some evolution of concepts involved. The Gin changed its name from Raven Gin to Hrafn Gin, Hrafn is the Norse word for raven. Their labels have also had many incarnations. 


As I started working with Hrafn Distillery I got to know the men behind the Gin. It is the creation of two brothers, Callum and Peter Sim. Over the past year I have gotten to know and respect them. They have the same love for their Hrafn Gin as I do for my artwork. I have also become friends with them through social media. We do share a fascination with Viking culture and history.  
I hope to have my drawing "Hrafn Portrait" available as an etching in 2020. 
Peter and Callum Sim, founders of Raven Spirits Ltd and creators of HRAFN GIN ‘Thought & Memory’
://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/business/north-of-scotland/1731750/gin-market-reaching-its-peak-says-raven-spirits/


They have won many awards, here are a few of the most notable: 

International Gin Masters Gold Medal in the Ultra-Premium category and a Silver in the London Dry category.

Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition:  HRAFN GIN ‘Thought & Memory’ a Silver Medal in the London Dry, Gin Category.

 San Francisco World Spirits Competition:   ‘Thought & Memory ' awarded Gold 

https://www.hrafngin.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment